The Plainfield High School Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Resource Center has been designed to provide information about the PHS WAC initiative. This information is intended for use by educators, students, and parents.
PHS WAC MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the PHS Writing Across the Curriculum initiative is to create an environment where students and educators can confidently identify and produce good writing.
PHS WAC GOALS
- students will:
- write more frequently
- improve their writing skills
- understand the components of good writing
- reflect on the WAC experience
- educators will:
- evaluate good writing
- provide more writing opportunities in the classroom
- use the tools and strategies developed through the WAC initiative
- communicate the value of WAC to all stakeholders
- January 7 - March 14 - Practice assessment in individual classrooms; all assessments to be graded using the 5-point WAC rubric. Refer to calendar for your Department's scheduled assesssments.
- March 12 - Practice assessments and feedback returned to students.
- March 14 - Practice assessment topic list is due in the office.
- March 18 - WAC MULTI-PARAGRAPH WRITING EVENT
- March 18 - March 20 - Make-up times for the writing event
- April 14 - Early Release Faculty In-Service: Partner trade and grade.
- April 21 - All graded packets are due in the office.
back to top